In this post I will help you to choose the Best Electric Pressure Cooker in India (2020).
Electric Pressure Cookers are the newcomers in cooking appliances category.
Currently, there are 3 types cookers in India.
I have already covered Best Stovetop Pressure Cookers & Best Electric Rice Cookers in India.
In this post, I will try to explain how to select the best electric pressure cooker and also recommend few cookers that best suits your needs.
Best Electric Pressure Cookers in India (2020)
1. Mealthy Electric Pressure Cooker with Stainless Steel Pot (MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable)
Mealthy is the best US brand for electric pressure cooker category. Now they have introduced their mealthy electric pressure cooker as per indian standards.
Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker comes with a SS304 Stainless Steel Inner Pot which is very healthy and safe compare to any other cooker inner pot in the market.
- The Mealthy Inner Pot is completely Dishwasher Safe.
- Cook two meals at a time in Mealthy Stainless Steel Inner Pot which has enough space to cook two recipes like the classic Indian Dal & Rice simultaneously.
- 100% BPA Free Plastic & Silicon Parts
- 5 Years Warranty on Pressure Regulation System & Heating Element & 1 Year Warranty on Parts
- This cooker comes in 2 sizes (3 Litres & 6 Litres)
- 3 Litre Electric Pressure Cooker is useful for standard family size of 4 members.
- 6 Litre Electric Pressure Cooker is useful for a Large family size of 6 to 8 members.
- Real Time Progress Indicator
- Mealthy MultiPot includes a range of accessories: 450A pair of Silicone Mitts, An extra silicone gasket, Steamer Basket, Trivet, Measuring Cup, Rice paddle and a soup ladle
2. Geek Electric Pressure Cooker with 11 in 1 Function, (Robocook Automatic 8 Litre, Non Stick Pot)
- All in One Cooker: Baking, Sauteing, Steaming, Stewing, Braising, and Frying all in one intelligent cooker.
- It comes with easy cooking features like delay timer, Keep Warm, Taste.
- There is also a manual mode
- Programmable Intelligent Cooking feature manages temperature, heat, time and pressure to simplify your cooking
- Nutrition + – Circumvent cooking process preserves rich nutritional quotient from pulses, grains, vegetables with cooking
- Detachable and easy to clean
- 8 Litre Anodized Teflon Coated Pot. It is a Non stick pot. There is also a stainless steel Pot variant.
- It comes in 3 variants. 5 Litre & 8 Litres Anodized Pots and 5 Litre Stainless steel pot.
- ZETA Digital Cooking: Automatic digital timer lets you know the cooking time for every dish that you cook.
- It comes with 11 preset menus. If you are wondering what what are those menus, they are, Rice, Dal, Sambar, Pongal, Idly, Saute, Kichadi, Gravy, Channa, Fish, Chicken, Meat, Pulav/Biryani, Non-Veg
- Addons: Rice scooper, Measuring cup, Wooden Spatulas
- Warranty: 2 Years
3. Preethi Electric Pressure Cooker (Touch EPC005 6-Liter)
- 5 in 1 multi functional cooker. It can be used as Pressure Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute Pan and Warmer
- Pre-programmed to cook 15 Indian recipes: Rice, khichdi, veg biryani, dal, rajma, soup, idli steam veg, cake pav bhaji, gajar halwa, veg curry, chicken, meat and saute
- Delay Timer: You can delay the cooking start time by 30 minutes to 8 hours
- Just electric rice cookers, this electric pressure cooker also comes with Auto-Warm function to keep the food warm upto 4 hours
- This pressure cooker comes with the capacity of 6 litres which is suitable for a family of 6 members. No other variants are available.
- Allows both open and closed mode cooking
- Inner Pot: 6 Litres & Non-Stick Aluminium Material
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Power: 1000 Watts
- Accessories: Measuring Cup, 2 Ladle Scoop Spatula, Flat Spatula, Instruction Manual, Recipe Pamphlet
- Life Long Free Service: Avail life long free service at dedicated Preethi Customer Care Centres with Zero Labour and Zero Service Charges irrespective of warranty period.
4. Wellspire Multi Cooking Pot Smart Electric Pressure Cooker (6 litres)
- 10+ built-in safety features like multi layered safety mechanism guarding pressure, overheat protection, safety lock and more features to ensure safe pressure cooking.
- 14 one-touch pre-programmed recipes to cook dal, rice, soups, beans, poultry, yogurt, desserts, Multi-Grain, Porridge, Meat, Stew, Broth and Cake and more on autopilot
- Combines 6 appliances in one: Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté pan, Yogurt Maker.
- Inner Pot is made up of #304 Stainless Steel and made with a 3-ply bottom for durability. The pot is dishwasher friendly.
- Digital Cooking – It comes with LCD screen and digital timer controls makes cooking easy. It displays Pressure level
- Delay Timer for convenient cooking.
- Keep Warm feature to keep the food warm for upto 4 hours
- You are provided with the manual pressure cooking option as well If you want to customise the cooking as per your taste and style
- Warranty: 3 Years Warranty on Pressure Regulation System & Heating Element. Also, 1 Year Warranty on Parts
- Inner Pot: 6 Quart (5.6 Litres) stainless steel vessel
- 100% BPA free Plastic Materials
- It comes with steamer vessel with handles, 7 egg boiler rack, Trivet, Extra Gasket, Measuring Cups, Spoon & Recipe Booklet
5. Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker
- Instant pot duo is a 7-in-1 programmable cooker. Which means, it replaces 7 kitchen appliances as it has the functions of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker & warmer.
- 13 built-in cooking programs such as soup, meat/stew, dal/beans, chicken, slow cook, sauté, delay start, rice, multigrain, oat-meal, steam/idli, yogurt, pressure cook.
- Delayed Cooking: A 24-hour timer allows you to automatically start cooking your recipes at a required time.
- Automatic Keep Warm feature enables you to keep the cooked food warm for long hours.
- Unlike traditional pressure cookers, electric pressure cooker won’t make any noise and does not leak any steam.
- Instant pot comes with an embedded microprocessor, which monitors the pressure and temperature, keeps time and adjusts heating intensity
- Slow Cooking feature makes the food tastier and healthier compared to normal high heat cooking method.
- Adjustable Temperature Settings: Less, Normal and More
- Inner Pot Capacity: 5.7 Litre
- Inner Pot Material: Food Grade 304 (18/8) Stainless Steel Cooking Pot. No chemical coatings with inner pot
- Power: 1000 watts; Operating Voltage: 220 – 240 volts
- Warranty: 2 years
- Accessories: 1 Lid, 1 Steam Rack
6. Crock-Pot Express Electric Pressure Cooker (5.6 Litre)
- You can cook 70% faster than traditional oven or hob. Can cook a whole chicken in 30 minutes.
- 4 Ways to cook: pressure cook, slow cook, steam, and brown/sauté
- 8 preset recipe settings for meat, beans, rice, yogurt, soup, desert, poultry, multi grains
- Delay Timer to cook at your convenience
- Optional manual function to cook as per taste and need.
- Auto keep-warm to keep the cooked food warm until you eat
- Non-stick removable bowl
- Temperature & Pressure adjustment feature to change heat and pressure as per the need
- Inner Pot Capacity: 5.6 Litre
- Inner Pot Material: Stainless Steel Cooking Pot.
- Power: 1000 watts;
- Warranty: 1 year limited warranty
- Accessories: 1 Steaming Rack, 1 Stirring Spoon, 1 Instruction Booklet, 1 Recipe Booklet
Electric Pressure Cooker Buyer Guide
How Electric Pressure Cookers Work?
- The Inner Pot: A removable vessel for cooking. When the heating element below the pot heated with electric power source, the liquid inside the inner pot boils and turns into steam. Without an escape route, the build-up of steam creates pressure.
- The Cooker Base: The Cooking base houses the heating element, microprocessor, pressure and temperature sensors to control pressure and temperature inside the cooker.
- The Lid: Electric Pressure Cookers use steel braces as well as a lid locking mechanism to prevent the lid from being opened while the cooker is pressurized.
If you ask me, there many reasons to own an Electric Pressure Cooker (Multi Functional Cookers). I have listed the all reasons for same.
- Most of the Electric Pressure Cookers in the market will not just work as pressure cookers. These cookers can be used for multiple purposes say Electric Rice Cooker, Steamer, Warmer, Sauté pan, Yogurt Maker. That is why they are also called multi function cookers.
- Preset Menus help you to cook the recipe with pre programmed temperature and pressure settings.
- Delay Timer: Not all electric models have this feature built in. This feature is very useful bachelors and employees. Different models have different delay timers. It ranges from 8 hours to 24 hours based on the model.
- Keep Warm: Normal pressure cookers does not support this feature but electric rice cookers comes with this excellent feature.
- Silent: Unlike traditional pressure cookers, which makes noise in the form of whistles, electric pressure cookers will do their job without any noise.
- Slow Cooking: As you can control, temperature and pressure with built in options, slow cooking makes the food more delicious and keeps the nutrition without much loss.
How to Cook with Electric Pressure Cooker?
- Put all the necessary ingredients in the inner pot
- Be very sure about the water.
- Do not fill the container with more than half of the capacity
- If you need to saute for the recipe that you are going to cook, select that option for 30 minutes.
- After finishing Sautéing process, add all ingredients, close the lid and ensure the pressure release button is closed properly.
- Select one of the option from preset menus to cook your favourite recipe
- If you need to cook quickly, select Quick option. Also, there is strong option to cook slow.
- Once the recipe is ready, it will automatically move to keep warm mode.
- When you are ready eat, press cancel button and wait for 15 minutes to allow pressure release.
How to Select Best Electric Pressure Cooker?
- Anodized Aluminium
- Stainless Steel
- Delay Timer
- Keep Warm
- Your Required Preset Menus